02:43 AM Sep 19
01:01 AM Sep 19
12:33 AM Sep 19
05:42 AM Sep 18
12:17 AM Sep 18
08:12 AM Sep 17
As surely as night follows day, autumn is here and we’re all systems go towards Book Yer Ane Fest X, which kicks off two months from tonight on Friday 2nd December in Dundee!
This update will be the second of three line-up announcements that we’ll be making, with the final poster and announcements coming in the next few weeks. including full line-ups and details pertaining the pre and post-BYAF shows. In our final update, we aim to include full day splits and stage breakdowns plus news of all shows across the weekend. Rest assured that we shall do our utmost to avoid any clashes!
– Last chance to grab an Earlybird Weekend Ticket for £20 will be midnight on Friday 7th October. Thank you so much to everyone who has bought one so far, your support is very much appreciated. Maximise your bangers/bucks ratio here.
– Registration for weekend ticket/wristband collection will happen in Cerberus Bar from 4pm-6pm on Friday 2nd December before the doors open at Buskers at 6pm. Who knows who may show up for a surprise acoustic set?!
– There will be early shows at Conroy’s Basement between 12 noon and 2.30pm on both the Saturday and the Sunday. Full line-up details will be announced in the final update.
– Sadly, Lost Limbs played their final show this week and will no longer be playing at BYAF. They were a tremendous band, one of ecossemo’s finest, and are great humans so we wish them all the very best in their future endeavours. Godspeed, gentlemen.
– We are looking for volunteers and friends who may be able to help over the weekend. This will include helping us accommodate bands. If this is something you think you’d be interesting in helping us out with, please give us an email. You’ll be rewarded with swag and the deepest gratitude.
– We’d recommend Dundee Backpackers Hostel if you’re looking for a place to stay for the weekend. There are also loads of hotels and travelodge’s, etc, in Dundee so keep your eyes on the cheap hotel websites for anything that may pop up.
I know that we say it every year, but if you’ve ever thought about coming to Book Yer Ane Fest, we could strongly suggest that this is the year that one wanna come to. We’re very fortunate to have had people from all over the world buy tickets, including friends from the USA, the Netherlands and all across the UK. We very much look forward to making all our visitors welcome in Dundee.
Finally, for now, some more bands!
EAT DEFEAT (ENG)
Super infectious fizzy DIY modern melodic pop punkers from Yorkshire play Book Yer Ane Fest for the first time after years of visiting Dundee as punters and as part of various touring parties. A blast of summer sunshine at the onset of a Scottish winter, Eat Defeat play pedal-to-the-metal high energy punk with hooks on top of hooks and high-kicks aplenty. The “Tide and Time” EP on Umlaut Records is one the UK punks bangers of the year.
Teenage anarcho riot-grrl pop punk from the far north of Scotland from these misfits armed with a electric guitars, drum machine and a bucketful of attitude and punk rock energy bring their joyous noise to Dundee for the first time. Experienced despite their youth, Bratakus have played all over the country with the likes of UK DIY legends Active Minds and 90s indie-poppers Bis, signposts to their sound and ethical approach.
ANDY THOMAS’ DUST HEART (USA)
Intense literary Americana murder balladry from the former Tin Horn Prayer front man turned wisened storytelling acoustic troubadour currently resident in Denver, Colorado returns to Dundee after three years of recording and touring the US and Europe. The “Reckless Abandonment” EP is a broody meditation that has taken Andy across the seas including joining the Flogging Molly Salty Dog Cruise. Delighted to welcome him back.
THE BARENTS SEA (Reunion)
Five years on since the last sailing of the good ship, we are delighted to welcome Perth’s romantic and nostalgia-tinged indie rockers The Barents Sea back to Book Yer Ane Fest for a one-off reunion show during this tenth anniversary year. First playing BYAF II in the back room of Mucky Mulligans in 2009, we are very pleased to be able to tie together two hands of time once more.
THE DOUBLECROSS (WAL)
Welsh singer/songwriter Jonathon Greenwood brings The Doublecross project back to Dundee to play BYAF for the second time to bring us heartfelt, melodic and optimistic alt-country influenced alternative rock bangers, like Hot Water Music meets Teenage Fanclub. “Keep Bleeding” is the third full-length is out now on the legendary Boss Tuneage Records.
Lacerating new classic Glasgow skramz from weel kent faces of Scottish hardcore featuring members of Mesa Verde / Black Channels / Droves bring their paint-stripping ecoseemoviolence to Dundee for the very first time. One of the most exciting new bands this year, we’re couldn’t be happier to have them back at all these years after Mesa Verde and Kaddish headlined the inaugural BYAF way back when.
The evolution of the home team ecossemo monoliths continues as they carve mountainous slabs of noise from their contorted and fiery brand of angular punk rock. One of the most bewildering and furious bands from the fertile Scottish underground, Stonethrower are one of our city’s finest and we’re very proud to have them back at BYAF. The new full-length is going to be immense and this should be something special.
The final update will be published along with the final poster in the next couple of weeks. As always, the card is subject to change. Please keep your eyes on the event page for any further developments in the meantime.
Thank you so much for the support, we hope for an amazing weekend together!